The AUDITS AND APPEALS course gives professionals a working knowledge of how audits and appeals work, with tips and tricks on making this a much smoother process. By the end of this course, you will have a firm understanding of audits - what they are and why they occur. You'll learn the importance of knowing audit rules for each state and how to effectively manage the audit process, with or without dedicated audit resources.
By the end of this course will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and objectives of an audit
- Develop audit planning using the key audit points provided
- Evaluate the ramifications of recommending or pursuing different audits types
- Develop an audit management system
- Identify what information to gather and share, and what information you do not share
- Handle documentation requests and audit waivers properly
- Develop goals and guidelines for an on-site audit visit
CPE COURSE INFORMATION:
- Delivery Method: Web-based Self-study (QAS)
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Credits: 1.0
- Field of Study: Auditing
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Refund Policy: 7 Days after enrollment
- Published Date: August 2018
- Certificate of Completion: Yes (on 70% successful exam score)
- Exam Expires: One Year from Enrollment Date
LENGTH: 0:30 | 7 VIDEOS | Close Captioned
AUDIENCE: Business and Tax Professionals
RESULT: Understand How Audits and Appeals Work
WHAT THE COURSE FEE COVERS: The entire AUDITS AND APPEALS course - 7 close captioned lectures watchable on any computer, smart phone or device, downloadable scripts, interim quizzes, a final course exam, accreditation certificates delivered via email, a LinkedIn compatible course badge, 1.0 credits on 70% successful final exam completion, and access to this course forever.
Mr. Robert Banagay is a Partner at TTCG, a sales and use tax consulting company.
Mr. Banagay has worked in tax for over 20 years. He began his career in tax as an auditor with the State of New Mexico, auditing large, multi-state corporations. He also served as a Tax Director with a multi-billion dollar healthcare company with operations in 48 states.
Mr. Banagay completed his undergraduate degree at New Mexico State University and received a Master in Accountancy with an emphasis in taxation from the University of New Mexico.
Mr. Banagay is an avid audiophile and musician. When he is not spending time with his family and dogs, he plays saxophone with local jazz groups and is a regular with local community bands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
TTR University is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org