The BASICS OF ACCOUNTING course gives professionals the knowledge and a foundation of accounting practices used in business.
By the end of this course, you will have a firm understanding of bookkeeping, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and income accounting, and will know how to use accounting to make important business and personal decisions.
You will learn how to use the three primary
financial statements, and as an added treat, see a real example of how a
multi-billion dollar company uses these financial statements to determine
budgets, wages, and much more.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the four different types of accounting and how they are used
- What financial accounting is and how financial statements are used
- How managerial accounting is used inside a company
- How costing of products, budgeting, and break-even analysis are used
- See how income tax is determined in business, including tax brackets, tax deductions, tax credits and more
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- An overview of accounting basics, followed by a discussion on the four basic types of accounting: bookkeeping, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and income tax accounting
- Other subjects of interest you should know about, such as accrual accounting and cost accounting, and what the differences are
- An in-depth understanding of accounting concepts with examples from a real company
- Financial accounting with a look at financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow, with real examples from a thriving company
- Managerial accounting, which is the accounting used inside a company including costing of products, budgeting, break-even analysis methods, and real-world applications of performance evaluations
- Income tax, tax brackets, tax rates, tax deductions and credits, and capital gains versus ordinary income
CPE COURSE INFORMATION:
- Delivery Method: Web-based Self-study (QAS)
- Course Level: Basic
- Credits: 2.5
- Field of Study: Accounting
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Refund Policy: 7 Days after enrollment
- Published Date: July 2018
- Certificate of Completion: Yes (on 70% successful exam score)
- Exam Expires: One Year from Enrollment Date
LENGTH: 1:39 | 26 VIDEOS | Close Captioned
RESULT: Understand the Basics of Accounting
WHAT THE COURSE FEE COVERS: The entire BASICS OF ACCOUNTING course - 26 close captioned lectures watchable on any computer, smart phone or device, downloadable scripts, interim quizzes, a final course exam, accreditation certificates delivered via email, a LinkedIn compatible course badge, 2.5 credits on 70% successful final exam completion, and access to this course forever.
"This was a great refresher course for me. It has been a long time since I did any accounting, and this course brought it back into focus quickly. Thanks!" - Joe M.
Mr. Robert Banagay is a Partner at TTCG, a sales and use tax consulting company.
Mr. Banagay has worked in tax for over 20 years. He began his career in tax as an auditor with the State of New Mexico, auditing large, multi-state corporations. He also served as a Tax Director with a multi-billion dollar healthcare company with operations in 48 states.
Mr. Banagay completed his undergraduate degree at New Mexico State University and received a Master in Accountancy with an emphasis in taxation from the University of New Mexico.
Mr. Banagay is an avid audiophile and musician. When he is not spending time with his family and dogs, he plays saxophone with local jazz groups and is a regular with local community bands.
StartFinancial Accounting (4:37)
StartBalance Sheet (7:19)
StartBalance Sheet Example (4:10)
StartBalance Sheet Limitations (2:29)
StartIncome Statement (5:53)
StartIncome Statement Example (3:49)
StartBalance Sheet Vs Income Statement (0:58)
StartCash Flow Statement (2:33)
StartCash Flow Example (3:38)
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
TTR University is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org