The WHAT DOES A TAX DEPARTMENT DO? course introduces you to the inner workings of a tax department. You'll learn what professionals in this area focus on, their responsibilities, and their relationship with the accounting department and with state auditors. This course teaches you the main steps in the tax process, which vital step must be correct, and how to have successful audits.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the four basics steps of every tax department
- Understand and identify the most important step in the tax department process
- Identify the most important things to know about items bought or sold within a company
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The four steps of a tax department, and to how to recognize and identify the most important steps
- A breakdown the tax process, and how it is done correctly to avoid costly audits
- Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about tax departments
- What a tax department does, how it should work, and more importantly, you’ll be able to explain it others so sound decisions can be made
CPE COURSE INFORMATION:
- Delivery Method: Web-based Self-study (QAS)
- Course Level: Basic
- Credits: 0.5
- Field of Study: Taxes
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Refund Policy: 7 Days after enrollment
- Published Date: September 2018
- Certificate of Completion: Yes (on 70% successful exam score)
- Exam Expires: One Year from Enrollment Date
LENGTH: 0:30 | 9 VIDEOS | Close Captioned
RESULT: Know What a Tax Department Does
WHAT THE COURSE FEE COVERS: The entire WHAT DOES A TAX DEPARTMENT DO? course - 9 close captioned lectures watchable on any computer, smart phone or device, interim quizzes, a final course exam, accreditation certificates delivered via email, a LinkedIn compatible course badge, 0.5 credits on 70% successful final exam completion, and access to this course forever.
"Very nicely laid out course. Has a specific product in mind of what would be taught and that is what I learned. Quick, easy to understand, and the course kept my interest throughout." Conan R.
"An in-depth look into the what goes into taxes. A rare insight of major companies and the world of finance." - Christian S.
"This filled in vital information that I was missing, and interestingly, it was also enjoyable!" - Art C.
Mr. Holyfield is the founder and CEO of TTR, Inc., a thriving sales and use tax answer company that employs over 100 tax professionals.
Since its beginnings in 2006, TTR has placed in the top three of 100 Best Companies to Work For and has received numerous awards for both excellent workplace practices and new software technologies.
Mr. Holyfield holds a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Richmond, a J.D. law degree from Notre Dame Law School, and attended the prestigious Global Executive Leadership training held at the Yale School of Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
TTR University is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org